All families interested in need-based financial aid may submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The Office of Financial Aid will review your eligibility for all need-based federal, state, and institutional funding.
- FAFSA priority filing deadline*: February 1
- Receive award notification by: April 1
*It is critical that you meet the priority filing deadline. Offers of financial aid will be mailed on a rolling basis after April 1 for students whose files complete beyond the priority filing deadline.
Early Action Applicants: If you are admitted Early Action and want to receive an early estimate of your need-based financial aid, you may submit the 2013-14 FAFSA*. The Office of Financial Aid will review your eligibility for all need-based federal, state, and institutional funding.
- 2013-14 FAFSA deadline: Nov. 15
- Receive award notification by: Dec. 30
*Use of the 2013-14 FAFSA is optional. All families interested in need-based financial aid must submit a 2014-15 FAFSA by February 1, regardless of any prior FAFSA filing.
The Financial Aid Award
Need-based financial aid packages typically include three types of funding: grants and/or scholarships, low interest rate student loans, and the opportunity for campus employment. You may accept all or a part of the package when you make your Enrollment Deposit. An award is not considered accepted unless you have paid the non-refundable Enrollment Deposit.
All candidates are expected to respond by the National Candidates’ Reply Date of May 1 or within two weeks of receiving admission or financial aid notification if either of these arrive after April 15.
Early Action Admission Candidates:
- 2013-14 FAFSA submit by Nov. 15th in order to receive an estimated aid award by Dec. 30th.
Regular Decision Admission Candidates:
- 2014-15 FAFSA submit by February 1 (the College Scholarship Service PROFILE is not required for Regular Decision Candidates).
- Willamette's school code for the FAFSA is 003227.