Class of 1973
Welcome back, class of 1973! All of our class events take place on Saturday, but lots of events are happening all weekend! This is a great opportunity to visit our alma mater and reminisce with friends and former classmates.
Saturday, September 21st
- QuadFest BBQ (Willamette University) at 11:45 a.m.
Cost: $15/person, $8/kids 8 and younger, and free for kids 2 and younger
- Outdoor dinner and reception at our classmate Barry Nathan’s home (5925 Barcelona Drive S.E., Salem, OR 97317) at 5 p.m. (cost: $10/person)
For a look at all Alumni Weekend events, click here. There are lots of options for things to do throughout the weekend, including campus tours, department open houses, athletic games, Zena Forest and Farm tour, museum tours, opportunities to visit the archives, Greek open houses, and much more. You won't want to miss it!
Your registration packet will be mailed to you in July, so be on the lookout! Those can be returned to Willamette University, 900 State St., Salem, OR 97301. You may also register online starting July 1. If you register by August 31st, you will get a 10% discount!
A room block has been set up at the Grand Hotel and information about how to make your reservation can be found on the right side of this web page.
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
The Willamette Archive, part of the Hatfield Library, unveiled a new website last year containing recorded Glee songs from many years across the last century.
See the rest of the Glee collection, including the 1970 program. You can navigate between videos, photos programs programs and more by using the headings at the top of the table. Also make sure to check out the 1970 Glee Memory Book and the winning class song from 1973!
Class of 1973 Committee
- Granella Key Thompson
- Jeff Taylor
- Elaine (Lyles) Zaiger
- Rolf Junge
- Pat Alley
- Nathan Barry
- Ron Bemis
- Guy Stephenson
- Joann Dannen
- Joyce Kraft Hamreus
- John Welty
- Jim Wall
Questions about Alumni Weekend? Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-375-5304.
Looking for a classmate? Sign in to The Compass and use the directory to reconnect with your peers.
It Happened in 1973...
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) hikes oil prices tremendously in retaliation for Western countries' involvement in Yom Kippur War.
- A ceasefire is signed, ending involvement of American ground troops in the Vietnam War.
- Nixon, on national TV, accepts responsibility, but not blame, for Watergate;\
- Skylab, the first American space station, is launched
- Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.08