Sustainability Mini Grants
Sustainability Grants provide Willamette community members with an opportunity to undertake projects that promote and add visibility to sustainability efforts, and build rituals and celebrations around the core values of sustainability: Equity, Environment, Economics, and Education.
Grants will provide funding up to $500 on a receipt reimbursement basis.
Grant money can be used for supplies, materials, advertising, or speaker honoraria/travel expenses.
It may not be used for personal stipends.
Who Can Apply?
All students, staff and faculty from all the Willamette University Schools and TIUA are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- All Willamette University community members are eligible to apply. This includes all staff, faculty, students and administrators in CLA, Law, Atkinson, TIUA and the School of Education.
- Projects may be individual or collaborative
- Applicant(s) will demonstrate the ability necessary to carry out and complete the project.
- The project will be well-planned and likely to be completed by the end of the semester following the awarding of the grant.
- The project will lead to a definable product, which might include (but is not limited to) a public presentation, document, physical representation, or gathering. This product will be displayed and presented to the Willamette Community.
- The project will model the core values of sustainability at Willamette: Equity, Environment, Economics and Education.
What Kinds of Projects are Appropriate?
Any project that meets the selection criteria is appropriate! The Sustainability Council hopes to promote innovation and excellence through these grants.
Some examples of past Sustainability Grants include:
- Community Education Events
- Community Alternatives Transportation Campaign
- Establishing a Community Garden
Application RequirementsApplications are now being accepted twice per academic year:
- Fall Deadline: October 24, 2011
- Spring Deadline: TBA
All applications should be submitted electronically. Please attach the completed application form to an email and send it to Alison Fisher. Two examples of completed applications are included below for your review: