Willamette Career Center
IN THIS ISSUE:
- How to Make Yourself an Irresistible Job Candidate
- Alumni Advice
- Minion Photos from the Expo
- Grant $’s Available
- Jobs and internships.
- Communications Intern, Children’s Cancer Association
- Marketing Intern, Oregon Ballet Theatre
- A New Peace Corps Internship
- Job Seekers with Disabilities - Careers with the State of Oregon
- The Maine Conservation Corps (MCC) is recruiting for 2015
- Videos Plus
- Are you missing out?
503-370-6413Phone us for an appt. or come for Drop-In hours Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2 - 5pm.
How to Make Yourself an Irresistible Job Candidate
“Don't be afraid to take chances with a company you may not know too much about or a job that is not a part of your studies.” Luis Baez ’96 (Int’l Studies), Capacity Manager
Minion Photos from the Expo
Grant $’s Available
Vocational Discernment Grants: Students are eligible for one Vocational Discernment Grant of up to $200 during their years at Willamette.
Vocational discernment is defined as an educational opportunity for vocational exploration (for example attending a conference, workshop, or training session) that contributes to your development and relates to service (how you can bring back and use what you are gaining/learning for the betterment of our campus/local/larger community).
Contact Jeani Bragg <jbragg> Willamette Career Center http://www.willamette.edu/dept/careers/students/voc_discern/grants/vocational_discernment.html
Jobs and internships.
Jobs and internships are posted on JobCat. First time users must register.
Here are some great opportunities:
- 18996-- Campus Life Honors and Awards Chair--On-Campus Paid, Part-Time, Stipend
- 18970-- Mail Center Window Clerk-- On-Campus, Paid, Part-Time
- 18971-- WU Student Kitchen Worker for Food Services--On-Campus, Paid, Part-Time
- 18969-- Legal Intern--SAIF Corporation--In State, Paid
- 18991--Internship Newsletter Writer--Salem-Keizer Education Foundation—Internships, unpaid
- 18987-- Commercial Property Management Internship--Rushing Group-- Part-Time, Unpaid
- 18907-- Administrative Staff Intern-- Oregon Alliance of Children's Programs-- Paid, Part-Time
- 18995 – Swim Team Coach, Silver Falls Family YMCA, Part-time, paid
- 18968- Medical Scribe, Essia Health, Part-time, paid
- 18977 Tutor, Sylvan Learning Center, part-time, paid
Communications Intern, Children’s Cancer Association
Marketing Intern, Oregon Ballet Theatre
A New Peace Corps Internship
A Peace Corps internship-like opportunity that opens this week, called Peace Corps Campus Ambassadors. PC Ambassadors will work closely with me from mid-October through May as networking and social media experts on campus. This can be an opportunity for students to gain valuable experience while also learning about Peace Corps. Please take a look at the attached flyer as well as this quick article to learn more about the program, called 7 reasons to apply to the Peace Corps campus program you’ve never heard of.
The program: PC Campus Ambassadors, an internship-like opportunity to serve as networking and social media experts for the Peace Corps
Job Seekers with Disabilities - Careers with the State of Oregon
- Who is invited: Job Seekers with Disabilities, Job Developers and Job Coaches
- When: Thursday, October 9, 2014 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- How: Register at http://meetstateagencies.eventbrite.com
Forum: The Department of Business and Consumer Services in partnership with Incight and Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation Services (OVRS) will host an informational and networking event to introduce job seekers with disabilities to career opportunities with State of Oregon agencies.
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Welcome and Agency Introductions
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Booths open, network with State Agencies
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. How to Apply for a Job with the State
Participating Agencies: Fifteen to twenty State of Oregon agencies will participate.
Where: The Labor and Industries Building, 350 Winter Street NE, Salem, Oregon 97301 Second floor - room 250
The Maine Conservation Corps (MCC) is recruiting for 2015
The MCC is dedicated to accomplishing outdoor recreation and conservation projects for the public, promoting and managing volunteer opportunities, providing conservation education, building self-esteem and leadership, and raising the aspirations of members and volunteers.
- Training Coordinator (45 weeks) - stipend
- MCC/AmeriCorps Environmental Stewards Program – stipend
View all of our events here.
- A Job Interview as Imagined by Kids http://www.wimp.com/interviewkids/
- Dancing Crosswalk Signal http://sfglobe.com/?id=13124
- Ballet fun http://sfglobe.com/?id=13984
- Evolution of Dance https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152319830470658&set=vb.270212045657&type=2&theater
Are you missing out?Friend us on Facebook:
- Career Center Facebook
Be the first to know the latest: LIKE us on Facebook at WU Career Center. http://goo.gl/zZRhF
- Pre-Health students:
the Pre-Health page on FB - http://goo.gl/0f00I
Follow us on Pinterest:
Questions?‚ Or Feedback
Willamette Career Center
UC, 3rd floor
To opt out
Check the box labeled "Leave group?" next to CareerTalk in your directory of mail groups.
Click the "Submit Changes" button.