Willamette Career Center
IN THIS ISSUE:
- 9 Job Search Trends You Need To Know
- Useful job and internship search engines:
- Have you ever closed a Tab in error?
- Jobs and internships.
- Other Opportunities
- R & D Research Opportunity Procter & Gamble
- Police Support Specialist Beaverton PD
- Youth Crew Supervisor
- Videos Plus
- Are you missing out?
503-370-6413Phone us for an appt. or come for Drop-In hours Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2 - 5pm.
9 Job Search Trends You Need To Know
Useful job and internship search engines:
- http://becpdx.org/ - Business Education Compact for regional jobs/internships
- http://www.internships.com/ - special Willamette subscription for U.S. Internships
- http://oicf.org/programs/career-workforce/powerof10/ Oregon College job network
- http://www.leg.state.or.us/capinfo/intern.html - Oregon legislative internships
- http://www.guidetoonlinemba.com/tips-and-tools/internship-job-boards - Excellent page!
- http://www.monstertrak.com/ - world’s largest job listing database
- http://www.internweb.com/ Intern Web has employer and job listings
- http://www.summerjobs.com/ lists summer job opportunities
- http://www.internqueen.com/ lists of college internships by former student w/ 14 internships
- http://www.internalert.com/ lists internships by type and location
- http://www.youtern.com/ - several national and local internship opportunities
- http://jobs.com/ - jobs of every kind
- http://www.quintcareers.com/ - jobs, articles and resources for internships and all jobs
- http://www.willamette.edu/dept/saga/ - Willamette Grants and Awards site for students
Have you ever closed a Tab in error?
Control+Shift+T will restore it!
Jobs and internships.
Jobs and internships are posted on JobCat. First time users must register.
Here are some great opportunities:
- 18326-Public relations Internship-LT Public Relations- Portland, -Paid
- 18306-Recruitment Program Assistant-Sante-Salem,-Summer jobs, Paid
- 18305-Language in Motion Student Liason-WU-Part Time, Stipend, On-Campus,
- 18304-Kindergarten Teacher-Salem Prep School- Internship, Paid
- 18301-Program Internship-Oregon Humanities-Portland, Stipend, Non-Profit
- 18295-Transit Sustainability Intern-Salem-Kiezer Transit- Paid
- 18289-Account Logistics Intern-Columbia Sportswear-Portland, Paid
- 18292-Seasonal Office Intern-Taylor Metal Products-Salem,Summer, Full-Time, Paid
- 18277-Travel Salem Internship-Travel Salem, Unpaid
- Summer Internship in Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici’s office. http://bonamici.house.gov/serving-you/internships
- Doctors without Borders is recruiting for interns and full time staff in Logistics and Languages. Recruitment Information Session, The Cleaners at Ace Hotel, 403 SW 10th Ave, Portland, OR. Tuesday, May 6th, 7:00 pm. For more information go to http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/work-with-us
R & D Research Opportunity Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble will be hosting their annual Research Your Future in Science Seminar .
Our R&D organization is hosting a seminar in the summer of 2014. Through hands-on involvement and a variety of tours and presentations, seminar participants will learn what it is like to work as an R&D Researcher at P&G as we explore all areas of R&D within P&G. P&G Researchers have unique and challenging careers supporting a wide range of cutting-edge research. During the seminar, full-time P&G Researchers will showcase various work areas, providing exposure to analytical labs, product formulation, process design and scale-up, products research, packaging, etc., to increase your understanding of Researcher career opportunities in science at P&G. As a participant, your students will be placed in the fast-lane with the opportunity to interview for a 2015 P&G Researcher Summer Internship prior to any other intern recruiting.
All travel and accommodations will be paid by P&G for those selected to attend.
Deadline is April 25, 2014 to be considered for the 2014 Research your Future in Science Seminar. All applicants will be contacted in spring/summer 2014 as to their status.
We are seeking students with:
• Proven/exhibited leadership on or off campus.
• Ability to solve problems.
• Ability to engage and work in a diverse working environment
Heather Ferguson, Senior R&D Recruiting Specialis,| The Procter & Gamble Company, 2 P&G Plaza, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (513.945.7546 *email@example.com
Police Support Specialist Beaverton PD
$17.10 - $22.93 per hour Deadline April 25, 2014
The Police Support Specialist performs general telephone, clerical, receptionist, and statistical work in support of the Police Records function. The Records Division operates on a 24-hour, seven day a week basis. Employees in this classification are expected to be available to work either a day, swing, or graveyard shift, including weekends and holidays.
Perform heavy data entry, data inquiry and word processing to generate police logs, reports, criminal history and background inquiries; perform a variety of office support and receptionist duties; provide transcription support for patrol officers and detectives; enter confirm, clear and locate warrants.
Requires graduation from high school or equivalent GED certificate, and two years responsible clerical experience, with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, and data entry. Experience in law enforcement with LEDS certification is desirable, but not required.
Requires knowledge of clerical practices, procedures and equipment, including word processing, database system, fax, and dictaphone; basic understanding of civil and criminal laws; basic knowledge of practices, procedures and guidelines relative to police records and police terminology; ability to understand oral and written instructions and to act upon them accordingly, act effectively and calmly in emergency situations, work effectively with the public, other agencies, and other employees. Must possess strong customer service skills.
Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to meet the City’s driving standards. A background investigation will be conducted prior to a job offer.
All interested individuals may apply by submitting a City of Beaverton application form to the Human Resources Department, Beaverton City Hall, 4755 SW Griffith Drive (Mailing address: P. O. Box 4755), Beaverton, OR 97076. Applications may be completed on our website at www.beavertonoregon.gov. Closing Date: April 25, 2014.
Youth Crew Supervisor
The Fish and Wildlife Department of The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde, in cooperation with Oregon Youth Conservation Corps, is seeking one youth crew supervisor for its Summer Youth Crew program.
Start Date: Monday June 2, 2014 Duration: 16 weeks, 40 hours/week End Date: September 30, 2014 Pay: $13.00-$16.00/hr
Duties: Schedule program tasks and activities, purchase crew supplies and materials, organize campouts,
and supervise two youth crew leaders and associated youth crews for up to 13 weeks and assist the
Fish and Wildlife department with natural resource projects for approximately 3 weeks.
Qualifications:Must have desire to work with youth and in natural resources; be able to work in rugged outdoor
terrain; experience with the proper use of hand tools; good communication and organization skills. Supervisory experience preferred.
Furnish own work boots, valid driver’s license with a safe driving record, must successfully pass pre
-employment background check and drug test. Must be able to attend 3-day, 2-night (June 18-20,
2014) training in Bend, OR where first-aid and CPR training are provided.
Natural Resources Office, Grand Ronde. Grand Ronde is located in the foothills of the Coast Range approximately 30 miles northwest of Salem, 25 miles southwest of McMinn- ville, or 50 miles north of Corvallis.
Applications accepted starting April 14, 2014. Closing Date Friday May 23, 2014. To apply: Complete the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde employment application obtained at
http://www.grandronde.org/employment/, to download an application link under Applicant Information.
Mail Applications to: The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde, Human Resources Department, 9615 Grand Ronde Road, Grand Ronde, OR 97347. Questions? (503) 879-2396.
View all of our events here.
- This is what you get for being kind to others http://twistedsifter.com/videos/what-you-get-for-being-kind/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Twistedsifter+%28TwistedSifter+%29
- 2014 Smithsonian Photo Contest Finalists http://twistedsifter.com/2014/04/smithsonian-photo-contest-finalists-gallery/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Twistedsifter+%28TwistedSifter+%29
Are you missing out?Friend us on Facebook:
- Career Center Facebook
Be the first to know the latest: LIKE us on Facebook at WU Career Center. http://goo.gl/zZRhF
- Pre-Health students:
the Pre-Health page on FB - http://goo.gl/0f00I
Follow us on Pinterest:
Questions?‚ Or Feedback
Willamette Career Center
UC, 3rd floor
To opt out
Check the box labeled "Leave group?" next to CareerTalk in your directory of mail groups.
Click the "Submit Changes" button.