The Willamette University Career Center provides many resources your students need in their pursuit of graduate school and career opportunities.
- What can I do with This Major?
- The Career Roadmap student guide that lists career assignments for your classes
- The Four-Year Plan
Integrating your curriculum
We can help you work up learning activities, exercises, quizzes, homework, reading, and theoretical framework for integrating career development in your classes.
Applying to Graduate School
- Applying to Graduate School and Advanced Study
- Grad school testing information: GRE, MCAT, GMAT, etc.
- Idealist.org Grad Fair
- First Avenue Career and Graduate School Fair
- Assistance with applications, statements of purpose, resumes, and cover letters
Classroom Presentations - Don’t Cancel That Class!
When you are at a conference, sick, or unavailable for a class session, please let us know and we will provide your students with a session during your class period. Choose from topics such as applying to graduate school, relating liberal arts to the world of work, skills identification, preparation for academic and industry interviews, personality testing, internships, networking, job search, etc. We have two staff with PhD’s who help students navigate their careers whether in academia or industry.
- Guidelines, forms, and information on internships for academic credit (doc)
- Peace Corps, Teach for America, Americorps, International teaching
- Practice interviewing techniques
- Planning a Gap Year experience
- Connecting with alumni in academia, government, and industry
- Online subscription library resources with academic and industry profiles