- Loan consolidation is one of the repayment options available under the terms and conditions of your Federal Stafford Loans.
- A refinancing of your existing federal student debt: a single new loan to pay off the individual original federal loans (not private loans).
- Consolidation terms and conditions are similar but not identical to the original Federal Stafford loan.
- Consolidation may not be right for every one. Please carefully consider all of your options before making a decision!
- Contact you current lender(s) or servicer(s) for specific information and with specific questions.
- The Office of Financial Aid CANNOT decide for you, nor can it answer WHAT a given lender/servicer will actually do.
- The loan exit materials sent to you in the spring contained lender/servicer contact information as well as websites for calculators, financial planning, etc.
- If lost or misplaced, we can send out a duplicate set - email email@example.com requesting either an undergraduate or graduate exit packet. Please include a current address!
- The Office of Financial Aid is in its PEAK period in preparation for the start of the school year. We cannot handle one-on-one consolidation phone conversations and/or appointments. Please contact your lender for more specific information.