How To Waive Insurance
For Domestic Students (U.S. Citizen and Permanent Resident)
FALL Deadline: September 15, 2014 (5pm)
Step 1: Register for Classes
You must be actively registered for classes for 2014/2015 school year before starting the online request for the waiver process. If you are not registered for classes, you will not be able to request a waiver using the online system.
Step 2: Visit the Aetna website between July 21, 2014 and September 15, 2014 (5pm).
Once you register for your classes, you will be eligible to request a waiver from July 21, 2014 through September 15, 2014.
Step 3: Read over Waiver Criteria to make sure this is the right option for you.
Step 4: Complete your online request for a waiver
All requests to waive the Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan must be completed online by the student. Make sure you have all of the required information before beginning – you are not able to log out and come back to the request at a later time.
- Have a copy of your health insurance ID card prior to beginning the waiver request.
- Go to Aetna Student Health
- Type in “Willamette University” in the purple box and you will be directed to the school’s website.
- On the right side of the page, click on Waive:Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan. This brings you to the Aetna Student Health online waiver request system.
- Follow directions for entering your insurance information and submit to Aetna.
- Aetna will verify with your carrier and notify Student Accounts to remove insurance premium charge from your student account.
If you encounter any problems submitting your waiver please contact the Willamette Student Insurance office at (503) 370-6972 for assistance.
For International Students
Consult the International Student Health Insurance for enrollment and waiver instructions.