Student Organization Orientation
What is a Student Organization Orientation?
A student organization orientation (SOO) is a training session that provides a brief overview of necessary information for clubs and organizations. The SOO covers event planning, recruiting and retaining members, how ASWU financing works, transitions, and a variety of other topics. This orientation also provides student leaders to meet each other and allow returning and new leaders to collaborate and start a discussion on their goals for the future.
Why is it important for student organizations to know about this orientation?
All student organizations must send a president, co-president, or treasurer to ONE orientation (each year) before the group can be eligible to apply for ASWU funds.
Can only a president, co-president, or treasurer attend the SOO?
Absolutely not! All student leaders within an organization are welcome to attend; if the student organization finds it useful to send more than one representative then please feel free to attend! Just remember that a president, vice president, or treasurer needs to attend.
Resources from SOO
- Wednesday, February 4th, 4:30-5:00 @ Autzen Conference Room (UC3)
- Wednesday, February 11th, 7:00-7:30 @ Autzen Conference Room (UC3)
- Wednesday, February 18th, 4:30-5:00 @ Autzen Conference Room (UC3)
- Thursday, March 12th, 4:30-5:00 @ Autzen Conference Room (UC3)
- Thursday, April 2nd, 7:00-7:30 @ Autzen Conference Room (UC3)
- If none of these dates work for you, please contact your LC to schedule a one on one.