ID Cards and Building Access
Your Willamette ID card (also known as the Compass Card) is a one-card system of identification, building access and campus commerce.
You MUST carry your card for:
|Purchases||Dining Points, Compass Cash purchases; check cashing|
|Events||Purchase or pick up event tickets; event admittance|
|General ID||If requested by a University official|
Your ID card is programmed for building access as follows:
|Your Card Will Access||CLA||LAW||AGSM||MAT|
|Your residence hall||X||X||X||X|
|All other residences, 7 a.m.-11 p.m.||X|
|College of Law||*||X||*||*|
|Atkinson Graduate School||*
|Computer labs (Smullin/Collins Halls)||X||*||X||*|
|Parking lot gates||X||X||X||X|
|Hatfield Library 24-hour study room||X||X||X||X|
|Hatfield Library, 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Sun-Thurs||X||X||X||X|
|* Access on request|
No after-hours academic building access without written faculty approval.
Opening Cardlock Doors with Your Card
- Position card in the reader with the magnetic strip closest to the building and facing right.
- Slide card rapidly through the slot from top to bottom.
- The green light will come on and the door will unlock for about six seconds.
- If your card will not open a door to which you should have access, contact Campus Safety.
Locked Out of Your Room?
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Find your roommate or RA/CM; if unsuccessful, call Campus Safety
- 5 p.m. to midnight: Page the RA, CM or URep on duty
- Midnight to 8 a.m.: Call Campus Safety
Contact Residential Services at ext. 6880.