Campus Safety

Weekly Safety Report

October 12-October 19, 2014


October 18, 5:20 a.m. (Campus):  While on patrol, an officer observed several instances of graffiti on academic buildings across campus. The officer noted that many of tags had been done on glass windows and doors.  A work order was placed to clean the graffiti from the locations.


October 13, 1:20 a.m. (Campus Safety Office):  A student came in to the office asking to meet with someone from Bishop. The student reported injuring their head while riding on their long board.  Because Bishop was not open at that time, the student was escorted to the ER for further evaluation.

October 16, 7:40 a.m. (Kaneko Commons):  Campus Safety received a call that an employee had fallen and injured their ankle.  Officers arrived found that the person lying down with their ankle at an unnatural angle.  Paramedics were called and transported the employee to the emergency room.

October 18, (In a Campus Residence):  A student called reporting that they had hit their head and was worried about a concussion.  WEMS and Campus Safety responded to the scene to evaluate the student. WEMS determined that no concussion has occurred and that the student did not require further treatment.

October 18, (In a Campus Residence):  Campus Safety received a call from a student asking to be transported to the ER.  The student refused treatment from WEMS, stating that they just needed a ride because they believed their ankle to be broken.  The student was transported to the ER by Campus Safety.


October 16, 11:55 p.m. (Matthews Hall):  Campus Safety Officers witnessed two students yelling at others to get off the roof.  Using their flashlight, the officers were able to see roughly a dozen students fleeing from the roof, into a Matthews residence.  The officers made their way to that room and observed many students leaving the hallway.  The officers questioned the students, and when officers made contact with the occupants of the room, they denied all knowledge of anyone who had entered their room from the roof.  After a conversation, the students admitted that they were lying, but were unwilling to give any information about the other students involved.


October 16, 11:35 p.m. (Matthews Hall):  Campus Safety received a call regarding an intoxicated student.  Officers arrived on seen and made contact with the student who reported drinking an unknown quantity of alcohol and had been vomiting afterwards.  After a brief evaluation, the officers determined that the student did not need to go to the Hospital.

October 18, 1:35 a.m. (Matthews Parking Lot):  While on patrol, an officer witnessed someone smash a glass bottle on the ground.  The officer made contact with an individual, who was quickly identified as a student.  The student admitted to breaking the bottle on the ground and proceeded to pick up the pieces.  The student admitted to drinking alcohol and being under 21 years of age.

October 19, 2:51 a.m. (Kaneko Commons):  Campus Safety received a call regarding noise coming from residence room.  Officers attempted to make contact with the occupants.  After multiple attempts, the officers keyed in to the room and met with the residents.  Officers observed that there was alcohol in the room, as well as the smell of marijuana.  While the officers were talking to the students,  one of them began to feel very anxious, felt ill and ran to the bathroom.  Officers continued the conversation with the two remaining students and found that only one of them was over 21. The student who was of age denied supplying any alcohol to the other two, and they also denied that any of them had been smoking marijuana. During the conversation, the third student began to shout at the officers and interrupt their conversation.  The student continued to be aggressive and argumentative with the officers.  After gathering all information, the officers evaluated the ill student, and determined that they did not need further medical attention.


October 12, 12:00 p.m. (Matthews Parking Lot):  A student called to report that the front tire of their bike had been stolen. The bike had been locked up to the outdoor bike rack the night before.  When the student returned the next day, the tire was gone.

October 13, 1:00 p.m. (Sparks Center):  A student reported that their bike had been stolen. The bike had been locked to the bike rack while the student was inside Sparks.  When the student returned an hour later, the bike was gone.

October 15, 7:24 p.m. (Law School):  A student called to report that their jacket had been stolen.  Their keys were inside their jacket.  The student had left the jacket in the library while they went to class and when they returned, it was gone.

October 18, 9:23 p.m. (Law School):  A student reported that their rear bike tire had been stolen.  The student locked the bike up in front of the Law school and when they returned that evening, the tire was gone.  The student also reported that the bike had also been damaged.