The Willamette University Writing Center exists to foster a writing culture on campus through the following activities:
- Consulting with writers on all kinds of writing and at all phases of composition;
- Studying the processes of writing and response to writing in order to increase our ability to work effectively with writers;
- Generating material on the processes of writing and on the structure, style, and mechanics of written texts, and providing this information to the campus;
- Encouraging expression in all written forms including artistic, expressive, analytic, and informative;
- Providing support for literary and writing-oriented organizations, clubs, and departments;
- Providing an informal link among students, faculty, administrators, and other campus resources on issues related to writing.