Master of Arts in Teaching
- My ability to build appropriate relationships with my students is my biggest strength. I have worked in situations where students have had severe disabilities, building trust and a good rapport is necessary in creating a safe educational environment.
- I believe in being consistent in everything I do. I do not make statements/promises I do not intend to fulfill.
- I care about my students’ success and will push them to meet their potential.
- Willamette University, BA 2007 (economics)
- Willamette University, MAT 2012 (University Club Scholar)
- Melvin Henderson Rubio Scholarship
- McNary High School, Salem, Oregon, math
- Waldo Middle School, Salem, Oregon, grades 7/8, math (linear models and equations)
Other Classroom / Youth Experience:
- Special program instructional assistant, Sprague High School, Salem-Keizer School District, Developmental Learning Center, 2011
- Special program instructional assistant, Parrish Middle School, Salem-Keizer School District, Social Communication Intervention Program, 2009-2011
- Special program instructional assistant, Crossler Middle School, Salem-Keizer School District, Life Skills, 2008-2009
- In-home reading and mathematics tutor, UROCK, 2011
- Reading and mathematics tutor, Advantage Point Learning, 2009-2011
- Assistant football coach, Willamette University 2008-Present
Student Teaching Supervisors
- Thomas Hanson, McNary High School, Salem, Oregon
- Frank Gauntz (SPED), McNary High School, Salem, Oregon
- Andrew Withers, Waldo Middle School, Salem, Oregon
- Laura Daniels (SPED), Swegle Elementary School, Salem, Oregon
- Loran Sell, Willamette University, email@example.com