Master of Arts in Teaching
- I am continuously reflecting on my own performance as a teacher (i.e. are the students learning anything at all when I teach?) and understand that there will always be room for me to improve.
- I believe that ongoing professional development is a part of creating learning experiences for students that are meaningful to them as individuals—not just to them as a whole.
- I am enthusiastic about promoting literacy and believe that it is imperative that we (as teachers) encourage reading not just for accomplishing our goals (e.g. learning something new) but, more importantly, merely for the joy of reading.
- San Francisco State University, BA 2008 (language arts - literature)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
- Adam Stevens Middle School, Salem, Oregon (Fall 2011), 8th grade language arts (poetry elements)
Other Classroom Experience:
- Waldo Middle School, Salem, Oregon (Fall 2010 to June 2011)—volunteered in the Newcomer Center (grades 6-8)
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Elizabeth Callahan, South Salem High School, Salem, Oregon
- Natasha Kendrick, Adam Stevens Middle School, Salem, Oregon