Master of Arts in Teaching
- Technology - I was able to get an online blog up and running for my students within 1 week of student teaching.
- Communication - Communication is crucial to having a solid and successful department within the school as well as having a successful learning environment in the classroom.
- Flexibility - Working in Education for nearly 7 years I have learned that no matter how well you plan a class, things can change. As educators we have to be able to be flexible and adapt to help our students be more successful.
- Motivated - I am very motivated to help create a successful learning environment, with the help of my students. I am motivated to help find every students' motivation. The classroom is a small community and we must work together to create a successful community.
- Willamette University, MAT, 2013
- Washington State University, B.A. Criminal Justice and Sociology, 2005 (Political Science)
- Sunnyside Environmental School, Portland, Oregon, 6-8, Math, ESL, Social Studies
- Sandy High School, Sandy, Oregon, 10-12, Math
- Special Education Assistant, Reynolds School District, Fairview, Oregon
- ESL Teacher, Insung Elementary School, Incheon, South Korea
- ESL Teacher, Sogang Language Program, Incheon, South Korea
- Instructional Assistant, Colorado Springs School District #11, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Karen Shay, Sunnyside Environmental School, Portland, Oregon
- Chris Aden, Sandy High School, Sandy, Oregon