Master of Arts in Teaching
Elementary Education, Middle School Education
Middle School Language Arts, Middle School Science, Multiple Subjects, Music (K-8), Special Education (K-12)
- Personal teaching philosophy focusing on differentiation to learning needs, integration of content areas, and collaboration with learning teams. I focus on being REAL in my classroom every day - respectful, responsible & reliable (R), encouraging to others (E), authentic (A), and learning-centered (L).
- Explored a variety of teaching and management techniques in student teaching including: exploring Costa's levels of questioning, variety of literacy strategies (SQ3R/SQP2RS, Choose 5, flip books/foldables, Get the Gist, Cornell Notes, charts & diagrams, etc.), interactive simulations, small-group exploration projects, variety of grouping strategies, challenge activities, AVID WICR Strategies, GLAD & SIOP Strategies for English Language Learners, differentiation & individualized instruction (particularly for special education students), etc.
- Action Research Project centered on the dispositions and philosophies of proficiency-based assessment. Focus on how this form of assessment affects my teaching and my student's learning.
- Experience with and sensitivity to exceptional populations, including: English Language Learners, Special Education Populations (learning disabilities, autism, emotional behavior disorder, cerebral palsy, down's syndrome, Fragile X Syndrome, medically fragile students, and others), students in poverty, students in foster care, students dealing with personal trauma, early intervention, students with behavior needs, students who have been severely bullied, migrant students, etc.
- Willamette University, ENDR Special Education, 2013 (Focus: K-12 General Special Education)
- Willamette University, MA Teaching, 2013 (Focus: ECE/ELE Music, ELE/ML Multiple Subjects)
- George Fox University, BA Music, 2010 (Concentrations: Music Education & Music Theory/Composition)
- Chemeketa Community College (General Education Coursework)
- Waldo Middle School, Salem, Oregon, 6th & 8th Grades, AVID & Science
SPED Student Teaching
- Houck Middle School (SPED), Salem, Oregon, 6th & 8th Grades, Learning Resource Center: Math, Reading, Writing, Study Skills
Music Student Teaching
- Swegle Elementary School (Music), Salem, OR, 3rd and 4th, music
- Washington Elementary School, Salem, Oregon, 4th grade, Multiple Subjects Self-Contained: Social Studies
SPED Practicum Teaching
- Kennedy Elementary School (SPED), Keizer, Oregon, Kindergarten - 2nd Grade, Developmental Learning Center
- Special Arts & Literacy Camp, Summer 2012, Willamette University Graduate School of Education, Salem, Oregon, High School Counselor (worked with all ages during camp), Arts & Literacy for Students with Special Needs
- Special Programs Instructional Assistant 2 - Special Needs, Salem-Keizer Public Schools - Centennial Community Transition Program, Keizer, Oregon
- Substitute Support Professional - Classified, Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, Oregon
- Preschool & Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher, Salem-Keizer Public Schools - Teen Parent Program Child Development Center, Salem, Oregon
- Various Field Placements (Elementary Special Needs/Music, High School Music), Newberg Public Schools, Newberg, Oregon, See resume for details on each placement
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Ben Light, Waldo Middle School - AVID/Science, Salem, Oregon
- Shelley Strong, Washington Elementary School - Multiple Subjects, Salem, Oregon
- Jeff Crueger, Swegle Elementary School - Music, Salem, Oregon
- Jennifer Neazor, Houck Middle School - Academic Special Education, Salem, Oregon
- Mary Perez, Kennedy Elementary School - Functional Special Education, Keizer, Oregon