Hallie Ford Museum of Art Announces 2004-05 Exhibitions
A wide variety of innovative exhibitions have been planned for 2004-05 at the Hallie Ford Museum of Art at Willamette University.
Major exhibitions scheduled for the Melvin Henderson-Rubio Gallery include:
- June 12-Aug. 21--"Tom Fawkes: Terra Cognita" features the work of this highly regarded Portland painter who creates landscapes and wood constructions of the southern Mediterranean countryside;
- Sept. 4-Oct. 30--"Keys to the Koop: Humor and Satire in Contemporary Printmaking," features the work of 16 printmakers who find humor and satire in contemporary art, fashion, food, and popular culture, drawn from the extensive collections of Jordan D. Schnitzer and his family foundation;
- Nov. 13-Jan. 8--"Mary Henry: American Constructivist" features the work of this highly regarded Washington painter who creates large scale, abstract works based on geometric shapes and patterns;
- Jan. 22-March 19--"Charles E. Heaney: Memory, Imagination, and Place" is the most comprehensive exhibition ever organized for this important Oregon painter and printmaker (1897-1981) and features a wide range of work drawn from public and private collections in Oregon and Washington.
- April 2-May 14, 2005--"Senior Art Majors" annual exhibition that features the work of senior art majors at Willamette University.