Hand Books / Business Sources / Desk Books / Statistics
1. ABA/BNA Lawyers Manual on Professional Conduct. Washington, D.C., BNA monthly updates. Contains model standards (professional conduct, professional responsibility, discipline, code of judicial conduct, etc.) and information on lawyer-client relationship; fees; confidentiality; trial conduct; advertising; regulation of the bar; malpractice; ethics; opinions; etc.. KF305.A16. Current through 10/03. Access the Manual online at http://news.bna.com/moln/.
2. Appleby, Kristyn & Tarver, Joanne. Medical Records Review. 3rd ed. Aspen, 1999. "[A] comprehensive reference for professionals...who are involved in the intricate process of obtaining, reviewing, summarizing, and then using medical records in litigation." Includes common medical abbreviations. pp. 502-567. KF 3827.R4A96. Current through 8/08. Access online/Westlaw.
3. The Book of the States. Lexington, KY. Council of the State Governments, Biennial. "[D]esigned to provide an authoritative source of information on the structure, working methods, financing and functional activities of the state governments." LAW Ref. JK2403.B6.
4. Lake's Monthly Installment and Interest Tables. 6th ed., Denver, A.V. Kale & Co., 1970. HG1628.L15. Out of print.
5. Lawyer's Desk Reference. West Group. Written for the Plaintiff's Lawyer Handling Tort Claims. Available online/Westlaw.
6. Oregon. Legislative Assembly. Legislative Counsel Committee. Handbook on the Oregon Legislature. JK9071.A53.
7. Oregon State Bar Membership Directory. 1 vol. Looseleaf. "A guide to the regulatory programs of the Oregon State Bar." LAW Ref. KF02477.O72.
8. Physicians' Desk Reference. Montvale, N.J., Medical Economics Co. Annual. "Intended primarily for physicians. PDR's purpose is to make available essential information on major pharmaceutical products." HAT Ref. RS75.P5. Available online/Westlaw.
9. Social Security Handbook. Latest ed. U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. Government Printing Office, Washington D.C. 20402. http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/handbook/
10. U.S. Bureau of the Census. Statistical Abstract of the United States. Washington, GPO. Annual. "[T]he standard summary of statistics on the social, political and economic organization of the United States." LAW Ref. HA202. Online at http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/.
11. U.S. Government Manual. Washington. Office of the Federal Register. Annual. "It describes the purposes and programs of most government agencies and lists top personnel." LAW Ref JK421.A3 http://www.gpoaccess.gov/gmanual/index.html.
13. U.S. Government Printing Office. Style Manual. 1999. A printer's book. Z253.U58. Also online at http://www.gpoaccess.gov/stylemanual/index.html.