U.S. Supreme Court Cites Dean's Publication
Dean Symeon Symeonides was recently cited by the United States Supreme Court in Sosa v. Alvarez-Machain (124 S.Ct. 2739 (2004)). Symeonides' article, "Choice of Law in the American Courts in 2002: Sixteenth Annual Survey," was cited in the majority opinion by Justice Souter and in the concurring opinion by Justice Ginsburg. Symeonides' publications have been cited in 69 different court opinions: once by the United States Supreme Court; nine times by federal circuit courts of appeal; fourteen times by federal district courts; seventeen times by state supreme courts; and twenty-eight times by other state courts. His works have also been cited by 554 law reviews or books.
Symeon C. Symeonides
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship