Willamette Law Graduates Honored by Peers as "Best of the Bar"
Six of the 19 Portland-area attorneys named by their peers as standouts in their field of law are graduates of Willamette University College of Law, according to the July 22, 2005, issue of the Portland Business Journal.
The article featured winners in 15 practice categories, all of which involve representation of businesses in some capacity.
- Nena Cook ('91), current president of the Oregon State Bar, received the honor in the category of litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Cook is a partner at Sussman, Shank LLP.
- John DiLorenzo Jr. ('80), a partner at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, was honored for his work in government law. DiLorenzo currently co-chairs his firm's state and federal government relations practice group.
- Peter Burger ('85), an attorney with the Bonneville Power Administration, also was honored for his work in government law.
- Two owners in the firm of Garvey Schubert Barer received accolades. Edward J. Sullivan ('69) and Larry J. Brant ('84) were selected in the areas of real estate and land use, and taxation and securities regulation, respectively.
- The Port of Portland's State Affairs Manager, Patrick Egan ('00), received the "Best of the Bar" title in the area of administrative law.
The Portland Business Journal anticipates running a similar story featuring divorce and plaintiffs' personal injury attorneys.
This article was summarized with permission of the Portland Business Journal.
The full story "Best of the Bar" is available at: bizjournals.
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship