Susan Hammer Named Great Leader for Oregon
Susan M. Hammer JD’76 was named a “Great Leader for Oregon” in Oregon Business magazine’s Power Book 2007. One of “10 Pioneers” identified in the special issue, Hammer was selected for breaking new ground in the growing field of dispute resolution.
Hammer was an attorney and a partner in Stoel Rives LLP in Portland for more than 20 years before embarking on a solo practice in dispute resolution in 1988. She served as president of the Multnomah Bar Association in 1987 and formed the association’s first committee to focus on alternatives to litigation. In April 2006, she received the James M. Burns Federal Practice Award for improving the practice of law before the U.S. District Court of Oregon.
“Susan has once again been honored by her peers and has made us proud,” said College of Law Dean Symeon C. Symeonides. “She continues to represent the ‘best of the best’ of our law graduates.”
Susan M. Hammer JD’76
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship