Symeonides Testifies Before Puerto Rico Legislature
On April 20, 2007, Dean Symeon C. Symeonides testified before a joint commission of the Puerto Rico Senate and House of Representatives in support of a bill to enact into law a Codification of Private International Law. The codification, which Symeonides drafted a few years ago, will comprise the seventh book of the revised Civil Code of Puerto Rico.
Symeonides’ testimony was carried live on local television and radio, and he was quoted in several Puerto Rico newspapers, including The San Juan Star, El Vocero de Puerto Rico, Primera Hora, El Nuevo Dia and AOL.Latino.
Symeonides had previously drafted a similar codification for the state of Louisiana and provided legislative advice to the Parliament of the European Union and the governments of Russia, Estonia, Tunisia and Taiwan.
Symeon C. Symeonides
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship