Passion & Purpose
Class of 2014
Class of 2014
Fostering Intellectual Curiosity and Achievement
Willamette educates 1,800 enterprising, high-achieving undergraduates in the College of Liberal Arts. We are nationally recognized for leadership in sustainability and our focus on social responsibility — qualities that reflect our Northwest values and our deeply held motto, "Not unto ourselves alone are we born."
Our rigorous academic program will help you develop your talents in an environment that cultivates creativity, critical thinking and a global perspective. Willamette professors are celebrated teachers and noted scholars who — above all else — are committed to your success. As a Willamette graduate, you will be equipped to succeed and be accountable to yourself, your community and the future.
Premier Legal Education in the Pacific Northwest
Willamette University College of Law emphasizes teaching excellence, faculty-student interaction, and a student-faculty ratio of 15-to-1. Our select enrollment of fewer than 430 creates an intellectual intimacy unmatched by most law schools, and our students gain practical training through simulation-based courses, moot court competitions, trial practice and externship placements.
Students can earn a JD, joint JD/MBA or LLM in Dispute Resolution or Transnational Law. We also offer certificates in:
The MBA Designed for Career Entry, Change or Advancement
- Full-Time MBA Formats
- MBA for Professionals: An evening program designed to meet the needs of students who are fully employed. (Portland or Salem)
- Executive Development Center: Customized workshops and certificate programs for specific organizations, industries or functional groups.
Graduate School of Education
Dedicated to Excellence in Teacher Education
Willamette University’s Graduate School of Education develops partnerships with Oregon schools while nurturing an awareness of the diverse needs of learners nationwide, showcasing our commitment to quality in teacher education and leadership.
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Offered full-time, 10-month or part-time, students earn their master’s degree and their initial teaching license.
- Master of Education: Offered in mixed formats, this program is for licensed teachers interested in pursuing a master’s degree.
- Advanced Programs: Professional development programs for those interested in earning a specialty endorsement in ESOL, Reading or Special Education or Administrator License program.
- Oregon Writing Project: This program supports teachers in helping their students become accomplished writers and learners.
Colleges launch a three-campus course Foodsystems Northwest course connects colleges, students and sustainable agriculture.
Researchers examine brain development A professor and her students are studying the impact of family training on preschoolers' development.
Farm visit provides hands-on lessons Students at the Summer Institute in Sustainable Agriculture debate food policy as they work on farms.
Track star earns All-America honors Bekah Daniel '14 joins other alumnae named as Capital One Academic America winners.
Alumna pursues dream of studying abroad Hayley Freedman '09 wins a scholarship to earn her master's degree in Europe.
In the Media
Diller addresses legal conflict
The Oregonian (Jul 13)
Buis Michaux discusses primaries
Statesman Journal (Jul 11)
Green explains Hobby Lobby ruling
Statesman Journal (Jul 1)
Green weighs in on Establishment case
Oregon Public Broadcasting (Jun 30)