How to celebrate
Willamette’s 175th anniversary kicks off on Feb. 1, 2017, the university’s official “birthday.” The celebration continues throughout the year with special events and activities on campus and around the world.
How you can celebrate:
- Attend one of the many events and activities planned for campus — as well as our annual signature events like commencement, Alumni Weekend and Family Weekend.
- Update your social media cover images to show your Bearcat pride:
- Follow Willamette on social media and engage in the conversation via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Share your own photos and stories on social media using #Willamette175.
- Add a note to your signature block celebrating Willamette’s 175th. A few suggestions:
- Faculty and Staff: “Celebrating Willamette’s 175th Anniversary: Future First”
- Alumni: “A Proud Bearcat Celebrating Willamette’s 175th Anniversary: Future First”
- General: “Willamette University — 175 Years (1842–2017): Future First”
- Showcase Willamette’s outstanding faculty by sharing our faculty perspectives videos.
- Refer an outstanding prospective student to Willamette (undergraduate referrals, MBA referrals).
- Volunteer your time and/or join a cause you are passionate about.
- Make a gift to Willamette and help us put the future of our students first.