Student National Awards
During the past decade, Willamette students and young alumni have earned more than 110 of the most competitive grants and fellowships in the country.
This is just a sampling of the awards they have earned since 2007:
- 17 Fulbright Grant
- 12 National Science Foundation, Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- 12 Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholars Program
- 6 Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Summer Institutes Fellowship
- 5 NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship
- 4 Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- 3 Harry S. Truman Scholarship
- 3 David L. Boren National Security Education Program Scholarship
- 2 Bill Emerson National Hunger Fellowship
- 2 Luce Scholars Program
- 2 El Pomar Fellowship
- 2 Morris K. Udall Scholarship
- 1 BMI Young Composer Award
- 1 EPA-GRO Undergraduate Fellowship
- 1 EPA-STAR Graduate Fellowship
- 1 John and Fannie Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- 1 Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship
- 1 Erasmus Mundus Programme
- 1 Humanity in Action Fellowship
For more information, contact the Office of Student Academic Grants and Awards.
Willamette faculty frequently publish their research and creative projects as books or in academic journals, they are invited to speak or present their work at academic conferences worldwide, and they regularly receive awards for their accomplishments from organizations in their fields or in the community.
They also have earned numerous external grants and awards for their research, teaching or other academic work — nearly $13.5 million since 2005. A sampling of their awards can be found at the Office for Faculty Research and Resources.