Our challenging academic program will help you develop your talents in an environment that cultivates creativity, critical thinking and a global perspective. Willamette professors are celebrated teachers and noted scholars who — above all else — are committed to your success. As a Willamette graduate, you will be equipped to succeed and accountable to yourself, your community and the future.
Willamette challenges you to:
- think critically
- write persuasively
- analyze deeply
- communicate fluently
- grow intellectually
- engage globally
These skills are fostered by Willamette faculty who:
- join our community because teaching is their passion
- strive to challenge, engage and truly know their students
- are deeply committed to each student’s success
- are noted scholars, inviting students to participate in their research
You will leave Willamette with the skills to:
- impress potential employers in a host of fields
- succeed in the country's best graduate programs
- be a responsible leader in your community and globally
A museum exhibition and a visit from an artist and a Dante expert helped a class gain unique insight into the “Divine Comedy.”
Willamette students and professors turned a critical eye toward sustainability and debate in China.
Students and professors in the Liberal Arts Research Collaborative pursue independent research while working closely with others.
An exhibition at the Hallie Ford Museum of Art showcased the sleuthing of Willamette art history students.
Willamette’s Carson Scholars pursue a wide variety of scholarly, creative or professional projects.