The Accelerated MBA is a fast track waiver-based career change option of the Early Career and Career Change MBA program and can be completed in nine to fifteen months of full-time study. It is specifically designed for students seeking career change or advancement who have strong knowledge of business as well as at least two years of professional work experience.
Accelerated students focus their studies in the elective and second year MBA curriculum. These courses provide in-depth knowledge, hands-on experience and the opportunity to pursue individual career interests.
The Accelerated MBA is a highly customized program. Specific curricular requirements for the Accelerated MBA are individualized for each applicant based on an evaluation of the undergraduate or graduate level management courses previously completed and the grades received in those courses.
Eligibility Requirements for the Accelerated Program
Applicants for the Accelerated program must meet all regular admission requirements of the MBA for Career Change, plus all of the following:
1. Completed an eligible undergraduate or graduate program (as defined below) within seven (7) years of entering the Willamette Accelerated MBA program. Eligible programs include:
- a bachelor's degree in business from a program accredited by AACSB International,
- the first year of a full-time MBA program accredited by AACSB International,
- the first year of a full-time MPA or MPP program accredited by NASPAA,
- a one year MS or MM degree in an area of business (accounting, finance, management, marketing, human resources, etc.) from a program accredited by AACSB International
2. Earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or better in their qualifying undergraduate degree program, or a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better in a graduate program. In addition, a grade of "B" or better is generally required for each course evaluated for the accelerated program.
3. Completed at least two years of professional work experience with management or functional responsibilities.
Applicants interested in the waiver-based accelerated program should contact the MBA admission office for specific information about this individually customized program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-370-6167.
Areas of Interest
Elective courses provide in-depth knowledge, hands-on experience and the opportunity to pursue career interests in general management or one or more of the following areas of interest:
- Global Management
- Human Resources
- Operations, Analysis & Systems
- Organizational Analysis
- Public & Not-for-Profit Management
- Sustainability Management