Willamette University Portland Center
Portland Center Address:Willamette University Portland Center
905 NW 12th Avenue, Suite 110
Portland, Oregon 97209
(located at the corner of NW 12th and Kearney - MAP)
In 2006 Willamette University made the strategic decision to open a campus in Portland as a home for our evening MBA for Professionals program. Over the past seven years, our Portland Center has welcomed over 400 new students and served as a hub for classes, meetings, social events and activities for members of our campus community and beyond.
The Willamette University Portland Center moved into its new Pearl District home in September 2013. The space offers even more opportunities as the program grows and evolves in the years to come. Located in the historic RiverTec building at NW 12th and Kearney in the heart of the Pearl District, the new facility provides several benefits, including:
- A central location adjacent to the Portland Streetcar line, one block from Jameson Square Park, and in the middle of a host of shops, restaurants and popular Pearl District hangouts.
- A private street-side entrance providing easier access to the facility around the clock.
- Redesigned, larger classrooms with new technology and extra space for teaching, collaboration and storage of books and materials.
- An expanded kitchen and food service area for more efficient service during meals, including extra seating for individuals and groups.
- Adjacent, secured parking in a newly-built parking structure.
- Unique, environmentally-friendly and historical building elements characteristic of the Pearl District and adhering to Willamette’s commitment to sustainability.
Dedication of the Patrick E. Connor Lecture Hall
The new facility also includes the Patrick E. Connor Lecture Hall, named in honor of Professor Emeritus Patrick E. Connor. Willamette University would like to recognize The Gordon D. Sondland and Katherine J. Durant Foundation whose generosity helped make the Connor Lecture Hall possible.