Career support - what you need, when you need it. We’re pleased to offer Willamette alumni a virtual career center, CareerBeam. From self-assessments to professional resume & cover letter builders to powerful research resources, this new suite of tools will help you get clear about your career options, help you market yourself in a compelling way and be strategic in your career search.
Here are a few highlights of CareerBeam available to you now:
- Online assessments to help you identify key characteristics about yourself by assessing your career vision, values, temperament, personality preferences, skills, talents, interests and fascinations. This type of information will help you make fulfilling career choices and help you effectively communicate your worth to employers during the job search process.
- Resume, cover letter and interview support where you learn to clearly articulate your career profile to prospective employers.
- Networking strategies and research tools to help you implement your career plan.
- Company search function that includes over 17 million organizations containing company overview, key information and business intelligence. You'll have access to 20 million industry contacts, many with biographies and contact information, which is great for connecting with alumni.
- Company Intelligence to create specific Industry, Company, and Geography searches to create target company lists. There is also a "research on demand" feature that allows you to request research on companies not currently in the database.
- International Database covering over 70 countries for career opportunities
Alumni: To register for CareerBeam now, sign in to The Compass and follow the link to CareerBeam from the Career Network homepage.
Students: To register for CareerBeam, please complete the form on the student CareerBeam registration site using your Willamette email address.