Reunion reunion breaks records, showcases new event structure
In September, 675 people came back to campus to take part in Reunion Weekend -- that's a 65 percent increase from last year -- and they shared in an experience that was, in a few ways, new.
Some of the weekend highlights:
- 675 attendees from 23 states and a U.S. territory
- All-new Saturday-night event under the tent in the Quad featuring live music, entertainment, refreshments from WU-affiliated vintners and brewers and a whole lot of social time
- Alumni field trip to Zena Farm
- Athletics reunion events, including the first baseball reunion game
- The largest reunion gift ever, courtesy of the class of 1960
- The first "virtual" reunion attendee visiting via Skype (we didn't plan that one)
And, inevitably, planning for next year's event is already underway. Keep checking the reunion website for updates and ways to weigh in.
Also, our thanks to the many volunteers and campus partners who made the weekend such a resounding success. We couldn't do it without you.