The Arts at Willamette
Hallie Ford Museum of Art: April Exhibitions and Events
Senior Art Majors
Continues through May 12
Melvin Henderson-Rubio Gallery
On Demand Exhibition
Our Facebook friends voted on their favorite works museum's Northwest Collection and works that receive the most "likes" have been installed in the lobby. View through Aug. 4.
Join us at Facebook for more museum fun!
Art Conservation Demonstrations focus on the museum's Native American Collection
May 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, and 28 at 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Maribeth Collins Lobby
Join art conservator Tom Fuller as he works with objects from the Native American collection.
Lecture with Holly Andres
May 31 at 5 p.m.
Roger Hull Lecture Hall
Opening Reception for Holly Andres: The Homecoming and Constance Fowler: Tradition and Transition
May 31 at 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Maribeth Collins Lobby
Art Blast! Summer Printmaking Workshop at the Museum
Instructor: Sonia Allen
For ages 7-10
June 26-28 from 9 a.m. to noon
Registration required by May 31 (class limit: 10 students)
HFMA Members: $54, Non-Members: $60
Over three mornings, students will create watercolor monotypes, drypoint-type prints, and a final relief printing project. Students will visit the Print Study Center and finish off with a mini show of their work.
Call for Blankets: Your Blanket is Invited to Become Part of a Marie Watt Sculpture The Hallie Ford Museum of Art at Willamette University and artist Marie Watt invite you to donate a blanket and share its blanket story. More information.
Senior Honors Recital 2013
The Department of Music proudly invites you to hear our most accomplished student performers on the 2013 Senior Honors Recital, Saturday, May 11 at 2pm in Hudson Hall. This will be the farewell performance for these talented musicians who are earning degrees in Music Performance, Music Composition, Music Education and Bachelor of Arts degrees in Music, Anthropology, Archeology, English, and Psychology. In addition to these students’ notable musical achievements, we celebrate the College of Liberal Arts at Willamette University, where gifted students with diverse academic interests have the continuous opportunity to study and perform music at the highest level.
- Faith Avery, clarinet. From Brooks, OR. B.A. in English and Music
- Dustin Daniel, baritone. From Keizer, OR. B.A. in Archeology
- Candace Hamar, flute. From Portland, OR. B.A. in English and Music
- Brita Hill, soprano. From Portland, OR. B.A. in Music
- Rick Jones, baritone. From Atherten, CA. B.A. in Psychology
- Natalie Larson, soprano. From Salem, OR. B.A. in Anthropology
- Breanna Lee, soprano. From Jan Jose, CA. B.A. in Music
- Barbie Noyes, piano. From Golden, CO. B.M. in Music Composition
- Micah Smith, guitar. From Norman, OK. B.A. in Music
- Jennifer Warren, soprano. From Medford, OR. B.A. in Psychology