Take advantage of these helpful resources and connect personally and professionally with Bearcats from wherever you are.
Ask for what you need and offer what you have on this simple social networking site that is just for the Willamette community. Looking for a job or need career advice? Have a house to rent or a car to sell? Need a place to stay during a conference in another city? Switchboard it! Here's how to get started:
- Sign up. This takes less than a minute!
- Set up alerts. Using key words, this feature sends you notification emails when someone posts something of specific interest to you.
- Set your preferences. Adjust filters to display specific kinds of "asks" and "offers" you are interested in.
- Spread the word and invite others to join! The more people who are on Switchboard, the more powerful our WU network will be.
Get the power of the alumni directory in the palm of your hand with the Pocket Compass! Powered by EverTrue, this mobile app allows alumni to search the directory, visualize the Bearcat network through dynamic mapping, and access the WUAA social feeds on the go. Here's how to access The Pocket Compass:
- Download the EverTrue app from the iTunes or Google Play Store.
- When prompted, type in "Willamette."
- Authenticate with your email address. Notify email@example.com if we don't have your updated email.
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account to enhance your networking capabilities.
The app is intended to display business addresses only. Some personal email addresses will be visible for networking purposes. If you want specific information or your entire profile suppressed, simply send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you run into any technical issues with the app, or if information is not displaying correctly, contact email@example.com.
The world's largest professional online network has a presence in over 200 countries with more than 200 million members! As a Willamette graduate, optimizing your use of LinkedIn is an excellent way to make connections, network with fellow Bearcats and other professionals, learn about different career options and find jobs.
The WUAA LinkedIn group is a 3,000-member strong group of professionals from all generations representing a huge breadth of fields.
Check out the WUAA LinkedIn Guide for Students and Alumni to learn how to get the most out of your professional online presence. Starting with creating a stand-out profile, this comprehensive guide shows you all the ways to actively use LinkedIn as the valuable researching and people-connecting networking tool that it is.
Join alumni from across the globe for our new hour-long online networking events! Participate from wherever you are - at home, at the office, or on the road! Through eight-minute instant-message chats, you'll be able to share experiences, exchange career tips, share insider industry knowledge, and build professional connections. This is Bearcats helping Bearcats in a fun and easy way!