Docent Guided Tours
Touring select special exhibitions
Docents are volunteer tour guides who are trained to present inquiry-based interactive tours to K-12 students. Docent-Guided Tours are offered for select special exhibitions for school groups of 30 or less. There is no extra cost for a Docent-Guided Tour.
- Are available Wednesday through Friday
- Between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Tours generally last 45 minutes and are offered on the hour
- Docent-Guided Tours must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance
You may also call (503) 370-6855 to reserve a tour time.
If you receive a recording, please leave the following information:
- Your Name
- Date and time of proposed visit (please give a first and second choice)
- School Name
- Number of students and chaperones
- Grade Level
- Telephone number and email address
- Indicate if you are interested in the travel stipend
Touring the permanent exhibitions
The museum's diverse permanent exhibitions present opportunities to enhance a variety of curriculum areas. If you are interested in scheduling a Docent-Guided Tour of the permanent exhibitions for 30 students or less, please call 503-370-6855, and we will be happy to work with you to meet the unique needs of your class.
Metered parking for cars is available adjacent to the museum on State and on Cottage Streets. Free bus parking is available in the campus stadium parking lot adjacent to Bush Park. From the Museum, travel east on State Street and turn right at the next street, which is Winter. Go all the way down to Mission (Winter ends here) and the lot is across the street.