Willamette University Application Requirements for Transfers

Submit / Mail Application

You must submit or mail us a completed application. You can go online and fill out the Common Application. The common application can be accessed from our website.  If you have any problems submitting the common application online you may print it out and mail it to our admissions department.

*If you prefer, you may request the Paper Version of the application from the coaches and mail it in*

Additional Forms Required

You must mail in the Willamette University Common Application Supplement Form. The Willamette University Supplement form can be accessed and printed by visiting our Application Instructions page under transfer applicants or by visiting the Common Application Website.

You must mail in a Teacher Evaluation Form/Letter of Recommendation or The College Officials Report Form. You have a choice of sending in either the teacher evaluation form (letter of recommendation) or the college officials report form. You can send in whichever one you feel is more appropriate. Either forms or a recommendation letter must be filled out by a professor, instructor or advisor from the college attended currently or most recently. The teacher evaluation and college officials report forms can be accessed and printed out by visiting www.commonapp.org

You must mail in your Official High School Transcripts (Request this from your counselor or registrar).

You must mail in your Official College(s) Transcripts (Request this from your counselor or registrar).

Complete & Submit the FAFSA

You need to fill out the FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA is used to apply for federal student financial aid, such as grants, loans and work-study. Information from the FAFSA is also used to award non-federal aid. The result produced by a completed FAFSA is your Expected Family Contribution or EFC number which is provided by the government. The EFC number is a measure of your family’s financial strength. It is used to determine your eligibility for federal student aid. You can learn more about the FAFSA by visiting the financial aid FAFSA website and www.fafsa.ed.gov. When you fill out the FAFSA you will need to include Willamette University’s school code as well as your social security number to ensure the Financial Aid Office receives the results. Willamette University’s school code is 003227.

*Mail all additional forms including the Teacher Evaluation ( Letter of Recommendation) or The College Officials Report Form, Official High School Transcripts, Official College(s) Transcripts and any Paper Versions of the application to:*

Office of Admission
College of Liberal Arts
Willamette University
900 State Street
Salem, OR 97301