- Marion Polk County Community Health Information Project (CHIP) Local area statistics used to assess neighborhood and city health.
- Oregon Population Survey Information from a biennial household telephone survey produced by the State of Oregon. Provides statistically reliable data on Oregon's population between decennial censuses. Salem, OR
- Oregon State Library Maintained by the Oregon State library, this site offers links to Oregon-related statistics.
- RAND California Statistics Eight main categories.
- InfoDome California statistics in twelve categories.
- U.C Berkeley Library Selected data and statistics for the state.
- Skyline College Library Provides California data and research links.
- Spokane Public Library Offers data resources in fifteen categories.
- Seattle Public Library Local city and general state resources.
- Ministry of Management Services British Columbia statistics and related links.
- Simon Fraser University Library Links to Canadian statistical resources and agencies.
Geographic Information Systems
- ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute) Online University Database An online list of academic GIs programs provided by ESRI.
- Geographic Statistics Mapper Interactive mapping and geoscience data analysis site (global geographic information with several areas of focus including the US). Cornell University, NY.
- Thoen's Web GIs Notebook This site has several different organized paged links to various GIs sites on the web. Highly recommended!
- National Geographic's MapMachine National Geographic's contribution to the world of online GIs; this site is a high quality example of interactive data mapping over the Internet.
- University of Virginia's Geospatial Statistics Site Provides academic access to extensive collections of national numeric and geospatial data files, as well as other services.
- Census Bureau's "American FactFinder" An excellent interactive/GIs database for 1990 census data. Washington DC.
- Center for Disease Control CDC's web site for online access to their data and statistics, primarily health and disease related data. Atlanta, GA.
- Electronic Data Center Emory University Library's online database collection (mostly national, but some local and international.) Atlanta, GA.
- Harvard-MIT Data Center Harvard-MIT online databases. Tons of social and political science data! Cambridge, MA.
- ICPSR Homepage The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (has world's largest archive of computerized social science data). University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- IPUMS-USA and IPUMS-International A new project dedicated to collecting and distributing census data from around the world. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
- ISSR at UCLA Hooked up to ICPSR. Tons of data on a large variety of topics. Los Angeles, CA.
- National Health Interview Survey US health statistics. University of Michigan.
- Princeton Data and Statistical Services Various searchable and downloadable data on virtually any topic. Princeton University, Princeton, NJ.
- Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center Social and economic data on the US and other countries. Palisades, NY.
- Sociometrics Corporation Membership required to access their national social statistics. Los Altos, CA.
- State of the Nation's Cities US urban statistics in pre-made maps and downloadable data formats. Rutgers University: Bloustein School, New Brunswick, NJ.
- USDA-NASS Agricultural Census, Census of Agriculture US Department of Agriculture's census division. This has national agricultural data organized both by geography and subject. Washington, DC.