Last grants were awarded for 2017. No further grants will be awarded in this category.
Grants up to $5000 to offer broad support to mid-career faculty to rejuvenate, redirect, or redouble scholarship. Stipend of up to 10% of proposal budget. Open to all tenured faculty within 12 years of receiving tenure in arts, humanities and humanistic social sciences. Types of proposals supported, for example:
- research-related travel
- necessary equipment/supplies
- subscriptions to digital archives
- subscriptions to journals, books or other media purchases
- membership in professional organizations
- visits with colleagues at other colleges to explore research or pedagogy
- training/skill building
- professional services such as text review, website building, indexing
- pedagogical projects can be funded, from a single faculty member or joint projects, with each faculty member seeking up to $5000
All applications welcome. Priority will be given to those with a particular emphasis on the development and/or extension of creative capabilities.