“Not unto ourselves alone are we born.” Willamette’s motto comes from a work by Cicero, one of the ancient world’s great thinkers, but it’s still relevant today. Among other things, the motto encapsulates our belief that we must work to leave the world a better place.
Prioritizing equity, diversity and inclusion isn’t optional — it’s a necessity. At Willamette, we are working to create the resources diverse students need through staff support and student organizations. We are building programs that reflect the wide-ranging interests of our faculty and students, and that challenge our community to think about how historical and current social structures work or fail to make college the “great equalizer” that we imagine it to be.
Please explore our some of our resources below, and if you have any questions, contact us.
— Jade Aguilar, vice president for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Access to Excellence
This year's Access to Excellence dates will be March 14-15, April 4-5, and April 18-19. Check back in the spring to register!
- Black United Fund of Oregon Partnership Scholarship
- National Hispanic Recognition Program
- National Achievement Scholarship Program
- For DACA/Undocumented Students
- Non-discrimination Policy
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Virtual Longhouse
- Office of the Chaplain
- American Ethnic Studies Program
- Language Learning Center
- Tokyo International University of America
- International Education
- Willamette Academy
- LGBTQ+ Resources
- SOAR Center
- DACA/Undocumented Resources