- Ph.D., Oregon State University, 1980
- Microbial Ecology
- Symbioses (Mycorrhizae, Plants and Lichens)
- Women Naturalists
Advised Student Research
- An Investigsation of the Effects of Various environmental Factors on Antibiotic Expiration and the Accuracy of Expiration Dating. By Destiny Brown
- Antimicrobial Activity of the Essential oil of melaeuca alternifolia and its Major Components. By M. Blair Hanson
- The Cytotocix Effects of Sodium Chlorate on the pathogenic Gastrointestinal Flora of Swiss Webster Laboratory Mice. By Aaron M. Hicks
- Determining Dosage and Exposure time Standards for Antimicrobial Use Against Escherichia coli and Staphyulococcus aureus. By Jennifer Kovarik
- Director of Webber Science Outreach Program
- The ability of the Earthworm, Lumbricus teresttris, to Prevent Degradation in the Soil. By Katy Kwan
- Rose, S. Curator for exhibition, Botanical Illustration of Helen M. Gilkey. Hallie Ford Museum of Art, Salem, OR. 2004.
- Rose, S.L., K. Sturgeon, J. Hare, and G. Thorsett. Soil Microbial Ecology of Oregon White Oak in an Urban landscape. (Submitted to Northwest Science).
- Rose, S., G. Thorsett, K. Sturgeon, and J. Hare. 1997. Soil microorganisms in the rhizosphere of Oregon White Oak. Proceedings of the Oregon Academy of Science.
- Sturgeon, K., J. Hare, S. Rose, and G. Thorsett. 1997. Monitoring the recovery of an urban grove of Quercas garryana (Oregon White Oak) following changes in management practices. Natural Areas Association Conference, Portland, Oregon. Proceedings.
- Elliott, E.T., Salcedo, I.H., Rose, S.L., and Sampaio, E.S.V.B. Competition for and partitioning of available P in a wet tropical rain forest and adjacent sugar canefield. Ecology 1991.
- Rose, S. Biological communities at marine sand dunes. 1992. Willamette Journal.
- Rose, S.L. 1998. Microbial ecology and the development of soil aggregation in marine sand dunes. Plant and Soil. 109:215-226.
- Hunt, H.W., Coleman, D.C., Ingham, E.R., Ingham, R.E., Elliott, E.T., Moore, J.C., Rose, S.L., Reid, C.P.P. and Morley, C.R. 1987. The detrital food web in a shortgrass prairie. Biology and Fert. Soils 3:57-68.