Students may occasionally need to petition for clarification of or exceptions to the preceding or other academic regulations. Such petitions should be directed to different places, depending on their specific nature. A list of the most common petitions and their appropriate destinations includes:
|Nature of Petition||Destination|
|Departmental and major requirements||Department or program chair|
|General education requirements (online)||Associate Dean of Curriculum|
|Writing program requirements (online)||Associate Dean of Curriculum|
|Special majors (online)||Academic Programs Committee (c/o Dean's Office)|
|Most other petitions||Academic Status Committee (c/o Registrar's Office)|
Petition forms are available at the destination locations listed above. The Registrar's Office can also answer other questions about the petition process.
Students should note that certain basic requirements for baccalaureate degrees are never waived or modified, including:
- satisfactory completion of a minimum of 31 credits
- completion of the General Education requirements
- completion of the Senior Year Experience
- cumulative g.p.a. of 2.00 in work taken at Willamette
- cumulative g.p.a. of 2.00 in the major
- cumulative g.p.a. of 2.00 in the minor
The completion of department requirements may be modified or waived by the departments themselves, but not by the Academic Status Committee.