You have begun the process of becoming a student at Willamette University. Over the course of the summer, you have already begun and will complete selecting a College Colloquium, registering for your first semester of college courses, and indicating your housing preferences. It's an incredibly exciting time, which culminates with Opening Days, our new student orientation.
During Opening Days, commonly called "OD," you will move into your new community, meet your fellow classmates, and begin your College Colloquium course. Your dedicated and enthusiastic OD Leaders will contact you before OD even begins to introduce themselves and answer your questions. During and after OD, your OD Leaders will help you transition to your new community at Willamette. OD is a student-run program meaning that I, as OD Coordinator, along with a skillful Leadership Team have designed OD to introduce and welcome you to our community. We are here to support you, and I may be reached over the summer with any questions.
Before OD begins, relax and enjoy your summer - curl up with some Netflix, go adventuring, or both! Your OD Leaders and I cannot wait to welcome you home to Willamette come August 20th, as you begin your collegiate journey with boundless opportunity and possibility.
Kelci Jacoby ‘16
Opening Days Coordinator
Things To Do:
- July 6 - Aug 10: Submit your online health history information to Bishop Wellness Center via the Student Health Portal. Complete "Think About It" - an online program to reduce and prevent risky student behavior. Link will be mailed to your Willamette email account.
- Week of August 3: Financial Aid mailer to Federal Work Study Eligible Students on “How to find a job on campus”
- By August 7: Room number and roommate information is emailed to your Willamette University email account
- August 15: Jump Start Program Begins
- August 20-24: Opening Days 2015