On behalf of the faculty of the College of Liberal Arts, I want to congratulate you on becoming a member of Willamette University’s Class of 2021. You are joining an exciting group of outstanding students, and we’re excited to begin our four-year journey with you. You will meet your first class, the College Colloquium, on August 23rd, during Opening Days. Regular classes will begin on Monday, August 28th. Your Compass mentoring group first meets in the residence halls that same week. And then—the journey has begun!
But between now and August 23rd, you have several assignments to complete in preparation.
First, you must set up your Willamette network and email account. Most communications you receive from Willamette this summer will come through your Willamette email. If you will not have internet access for extended periods during the summer, please contact Advising and Registration at (503) 370-6573 to provide alternate contact information—soon.
- Go to https://secure.willamette.edu/newuser
- Enter your Student ID number and follow the instructions
- Review/update your emergency contact information
Second, please prepare to register for fall classes:
- All incoming first-year students take a College Colloquium class. Visit the College Colloquium website and read the Course Offerings for information about the 32 courses being offered this fall, and how to make your selections. Please submit your preferences online by May 15th. Your assignment will be email to your Willamette account by 7 p.m. on May 31st.
- Fill out the online Advising and Course Registration Questionnaire by June 1st. This questionnaire will provide us with information that will help us register you for classes and for your Compass mentoring group.
- Early in June, we will contact you to schedule an advising and registration phone appointment; the actual appointments will take place between June 5th and 30th.
Third, visit them Enrolling Students website before your registration appointment:
- Start exploring options for your courses other than College Colloquium at the First-Year Advising webpage. You will find advising information on the curriculum and a description of summer registration.
- If you plan to continue the study of a foreign language, you must take a placement test before you will be allowed to register for a language. Take the test as soon as possible, and definitely before your registration phone appointment.
- You should also read the advice about placement in Mathematics by June 5th as well.
Check the Enrolling Students website throughout the summer for additional information. We will add information about registration, housing, Jump Start, Opening Days, and Compass.
If you have questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (503) 370-6573.
Best wishes for the rest of your senior year and for planning your studies at Willamette University.
Gretchen Flesher Moon, PhD
Associate Dean of Student Success
Professor of English