On behalf of the faculty of the College of Liberal Arts, I want to welcome you to your first year at Willamette University. You are joining an exciting group of outstanding students and faculty, and we’re proud that you’ve decided to continue your undergraduate journey with us. You will meet all new students, especially other transfer students, during Opening Days. Regular classes will begin on Monday, August 29th—and then you’re on the path toward your degree!
But between now and August 26th, you have several assignments to complete in preparation.
First, you’ll need to set up your Willamette network and email account. Most communications you receive from Willamette this summer will come through your Willamette email. If you will not have internet access for extended periods during the summer, please contact Advising and Registration at (503) 370-6573 to provide alternate contact information—soon. To set up your network account and to register your emergency contact information,
- Go to https://secure.willamette.edu/newuser
- Enter your Student ID number and follow the instructions
- Please review/update your emergency contact information.
Second, please prepare to register for fall classes:
- Early in June, we will contact you to schedule an advising and registration phone appointment; the actual appointments will take place between June 6th and early July.
Third, visit the Enrolling Students website before your registration appointment:
- Start exploring options for your courses at the Transfer Student Advising webpage. You will find advising information on the curriculum and requirements.
- If you plan to continue the study of a foreign language, you must take a placement test before you will be allowed to register for a language. Take the test as soon as possible, but no later than June 5th.
- You should also read the advice about placement in Mathematics by June 5th as well.
Check the Enrolling Students website throughout the summer for additional information. We will add information about registration, housing, and Opening Days.
If you have questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (503) 370-6573.
Best wishes for the rest of your senior year and for planning your studies at Willamette University.
Gretchen Flesher Moon
Professor of English