Like the College of Liberal Arts, Willamette University’s College of Law emphasizes small enrollment, excellence in teaching and a high level of student-faculty interaction that offers you a personalized learning experience and an atmosphere of success. And our location across the street from the Oregon State Capitol, places students in the epicenter of state law, government and business. Among our alumni are more than a dozen Oregon Supreme Court justices and members of Congress, numerous leaders of Fortune 500 companies, and countless private and public attorneys.
You must be accepted into the BA/JD program as a candidate prior to applying for admission to the law school before the end of your junior year. Note that acceptance as a candidate for the BA/JD program does not guarantee admission to the College of Law. Careful scheduling is required to meet your course requirements for this program, so early enrollment is beneficial. Your bachelor’s degree will be awarded after you have successfully completed your first year of legal studies.
- Score a combined minimum of 1950 on the SAT or a composite of 29 on the ACT.
- Achieve a minimum high school GPA of 3.5.
- Apply to be a candidate for the combined BA/JD program during your first two years at Willamette.
- Submit an essay.
- Interview in person with the program staff.
- Apply to the College of Law by the end of your junior year.
- Admission to both programs is required.
For further information contact the College of Law Admission Office at 503-370-6282 or email email@example.com.