The members of the committee are the senior members of the major business units of the University plus other staff as required to ensure representation across the entire institution. They are appointed by a dean or vice president for three-year terms (which may repeat). The committee has no less than 10 and no more than 15 members. The chair of the committee is appointed to a three-year term by the Technology Council, in consultation with the appropriate dean or vice president, and shall rotate among senior members of the major business units of the University. The Director of Administrative Computing, WITS, serves as a permanent co-chair. The Chief Information Officer serves as an ex officio member of the committee. The Enterprise Systems Advisory Committee meets monthly or as determined by the committee.
A Data Standards Group shall be a permanent sub-committee of the Enterprise Services Advisory Committee with responsibility for evaluating existing coding schemes, researching issues with data quality, reviewing proposals for changes in coding, ensuring that the coding schemes do not impede the flow of data from one system to another or create problems for report generation, and bringing proposals for changes in business processes or coding to the Committee for discussion and approval.
The chair may appoint ad hoc committees as appropriate.
The Enterprise Systems Advisory Committee draws its membership and receives input from the following groups:
- Undergraduate and Graduate School Admissions
- University Registrar and Graduate School Recorders
- Undergraduate and Graduate School Career Services
- Financial Aid
- Financial Affairs and Student Accounts
- Human Resources and Payroll
- Institutional Research
- Campus Planning and Facilities Management
- Student Affairs
- University Communications
- University Libraries
- Scheduling, Events, and Conferences
- Campus Safety and Campus Card Administration
- Integrated Technology Services