It's Time for a New Website
You might have heard that a new Willamette website is in the works. The rumors are true! Our goal is to launch a fabulous new site in summer 2015. We’ve been doing a lot of work to prepare for the launch of this project. So far, we've:
- Set up this website for communicating the status of the project to the campus. Please ask questions and make comments on this project using the feedback form.
- Established a Website Renewal Team consisting of: John Balling, Michael Beseda (Chair), Sue Corner, James Lippincott, Brian Hoyt, Karen McGlone, Pamela Moro, Christopher Sabato, Michael Spalti, Cynthia Stintson, Adam Torgerson and Michael Wright. This team has selected our partner for this project and will be a sounding board as we move through the development of a new web presence for Willamette.
- Identified possible digital design agencies to partner with Willamette on this important project.
- Sent our RFP, outlining the goals and scope of the project, to 15 firms on Dec. 22, 2013.
- Reviewed proposals from the seven firms that replied by the Jan. 29, 2014, deadline.
- Invited the top four firms to campus for in depth presentations.
- Selected a strategic partner, BarkleyREI.
- Held an open forum on April 30, 2014.
- Requested feedback via campus emails in the spring.
- Requested feedback via monthly Willamette University News email.
This project starts with you—the people who use our site. Our strategic partner, BarkleyREI, began by gathering information from our community. We appreciate your feedback, suggestions and ideas. Your input has already resulted in changes to the proposed design.
There will be other opportunities as the process progresses so check this website regularly for updates.