Willamette University’s Accounting Department assists other WU departments in making payments to vendors and reimbursing employees.
Students requiring information on their student accounts (payments, holds, etc.) should contact Student Accounts at 503-375-5308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounts Payable responsibilities include:
- managing the university purchasing card program;
- processing all university payment vouchers in accordance with university policies and procedures.
- handles pettycash and check cashing (up to $100);
- responding to vendor inquiries about payment issues;
- reporting total calendar year payments to the IRS for applicable vendors.
All reimbursement requests must be approved by the proper budget authority. If the person to be reimbursed is the budget approver, then the immediate supervisor should approve the request. Original receipts are required for all expenses submitted for reimbursement. The receipt must indicate that payment was made in full. To get reimbursed, please fill out the Expense Reimbursement Request found under Campus Use Forms.
Documentary evidence will be considered adequate if it shows the amount, date, place and essential character of the expense.
Canceled checks by itself does not prove a business expense without other evidence to show that it was for a business purpose.
Direct Deposit service for reimbursements is now available, to sign up click here or visit the Direct Deposit webpage for more information. Also, we encourage employees who have large volume of reimbursement requests to use P-Card.
- Mileage reimbursement: $0.50 per mile
- Petty cash reimbursement limit: $100
- Disbursement Schedule (Cut off time for all payment type is Monday, 5pm)
- Direct Deposit - every Friday
- Paper Check - every Friday