from the Willamette Career Center
You have the Resume now it’s time for the Interviews!
Many people worry more about the interview than any other job search activity. But the good news is that interviewing is a skill that can be learned and mastered. It's a conversation with other interesting people who you may be working with for along time to come. So start your preparation now so you can excel and have fun. To read more about our online practice interview program and other resources: http://www.willamette.edu/dept/careers/students/interviewing/index.html
Two questions your might ask during an interview:
What would my priorities be for the first 6-12 months?
What do you tell your mom/spouse/best friend about why you love working here?
Telephone interviewing: http://goo.gl/O1JmX
Come to the Career Center
Colleges offer students access to exclusive job posting databases, alumni career networks, workshops, job fairs and individual counseling. But even though graduation is around the corner, some students have yet to even visit their school's career center—and many aren't aware that they can continue to take advantage of these services once they have their diplomas in hand. Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324235304578438561729878792.html?mod=dist_smartbrief
It’s Graduation Time. Lesson Two. (Not just for seniors!)
To keep you safe in your job search. 5 Ways to Find a Scam in an Online Job Ad
Social Media and Your Job Search
Don’t Do These 4 Things When Looking for Work in Portland
Job and Internship opportunities
Sample of postions listed on Jobcat: (First time users will be required to register.)
- 17104 - Swim Lesson Instructor - Willamette University Aquatics - Summer Jobs, Part-Time, On Campus
- 17096 - Church Office Assistant - Salem First Church of the Nazarene - Part-Time, Paid
- 17091 - Take-A-Break Education Coordinator - WU Office of Community Service Learning - Internships, Part-Time, On-Campus
- 17092 - Take-A-Break Finance Coordinator - WU Office of Community Service Learning - Internships, Part-Time, On-Campus,
- 17093 - Take-A-Break Fundraising Coordinator – WU Office of Community Service Learning - Internships, Community Service, On-Campus,
- 17090 - Take-A-Break Logistics Coordinator - WU Office of Community Service Learning – Internships, Part-Time, On-Campus
- 17094 - Take-A-Break Public Relations Coordinator - WU Office of Community Service Learning - Internships, Community Service, On-Campus,
- 17086 - Willamette Academy Media Assistant - Willamette University Willamette Academy - Project, Summer Jobs, Part-Time, On-Campus, Paid
- 17084 - Kitchen Help Pi Beta Phi 2013-14 - Willamette University Pi Beta Phi - Part-Time, On-Campus Employment, Paid
- Paid Summer 2013 Research Assistant Intern, Oregon Center for Public Policy (OCPP) http://www.ocpp.org/internship-summer-2013/
- Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Communications, Oregon Center for Public Policy (OCPP)http://www.ocpp.org
- Program Coordinator Intern, Oregon Medical Association http://www.theOMA.org $20/ hr
- Corporate Communications / Social Media Intern (S13-033), Portland General Electric http://www.portlandgeneral.com
- Aramark Sustainability Paid Internships
- Click to see thousands of summer internship listings. Internships.com.
- Mac’s List - http://www.macslist.org/macs-list/
- Jobs/Internships in Portland and Seattle - http://www.campuspoint.com/
- WeHireAmerica.jobs http://wehireamerica.jobs/
Drop by the Career Center 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or call 503-370-6413 to schedule an appt. We are available year round Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Special Networking Invitation for Seniors - You're Doing What With Your Degree?! Portland
It’s time again to celebrate all the creative ways Willamette alumni put their degrees to work. Please join us for a new kind of networking opportunity at a new kind of venue. Last year’s popular pre-event networking workshop will return, so come early for a helpful how-to. To RSVP, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (RSVPs appreciated but not required).
Thursday, May 16th: 5:15 p.m. Networking Workshop in the Parlor Room, 5:45 p.m. General Networking Reception
The event is FREE and includes hearty appetizers and one free drink ticket. A cash bar is also available. The venue requires all guests to be 21 or older. We’ll have the whole place to ourselves, with free access to the dart boards and pool tables all night. For more information about alumni events, visit http://willamette.edu/alumni/events/index.htm
- Worst roommate ever! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/worst-roommate-ever-finals-week_n_3195282.html?utm_hp_ref=comedy
- High diving giraffes http://www.wimp.com/highdiving/
- Big Cats like boxes too: http://www.wimp.com/bigboxes/
- Van Gough restoration http://www.wimp.com/vangogh/
- Dog and owner perform a Grease dance routine http://www.wimp.com/greaseroutine/
- Human-like robot talks with his guests. http://video.pbs.org/video/1801365037
Are you missing out?Friend us on Facebook:
- Career Center Facebook
Be the first to know the latest:us on Facebook at WU Career Center. http://goo.gl/zZRhF
- Pre-Health students:
the new Pre-Health page on FB - http://goo.gl/0f00I
Follow us on Pinterest:
Questions?‚ Or Feedback
Willamette Career Center
UC, 3rd floor
To opt out
Check the box labeled "Leave group?" next to CareerTalk in your directory of mail groups.
Click the "Submit Changes" button.