Willamette Career Center
IN THIS ISSUE:
- LinkedIn the best job search and networking resource.
- Interviewing Etiquette
- Starting your Graduate School search?
- Alumni Advice
- Jobs and internships.
- Paid internships in the Arts
- Spring or Summer 2015 Policy Internships with ACLU of Northern California
- Videos Plus
- Are you missing out?
503-370-6413Phone us for an appt. or come for Drop-In hours Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2 - 5pm.
LinkedIn the best job search and networking resource.
If you’re not using LinkedIn now, you should be. We can help you create your profile. Get started here https://university.linkedin.com/linkedin-for-students.html?trk=micro-mktg-stu-us-more
Starting your Graduate School search?
Let the Career Center give you a free ride to the Idealist Graduate Fair on November 4, 2014. We will leave Campus at 2pm and will return by 7pm.
- To be able to learn about admissions requirements and application deadlines for graduate programs in social work, public policy, nonprofit management, international affairs, public interest law, social entrepreneurship, and many more.
- To have the opportunity to speak with graduate admissions advisors from local, national and international universities
Sign-up by following this link: http://goo.gl/OnF4qn
Want more information? Email Anna Walling <awalling> and visit the link to the Graduate Fair:
“Network, network, network! When starting out, utilize your existing contacts and set up informational interviews with individuals who are in a profession that you may be interested in. For recent college graduates, the most important part is getting into an organization or industry that is of interest to you. Once you are in, work hard, be nice, find out what everyone else does, and raise your hand for additional projects and assignments.” Bryn Berglund, ’01, Political Science, VP at CBS
Jobs and internships.
Jobs and internships are posted on JobCat. First time users must register.
Here are some examples:
- ID:19122 --Human Rights Campaign Internship--Human Rights--Jackson, Mississippi
- Little Rock, Arkansas Montgomery, Alabama Washington DC, District of Columbia-- Full-Time, Unpaid
- ID:191170--Summer Intern--Manna Project International-- Managua,Nicaragua Quito,Ecuador --Unpaid
- ID:19113--Community Service Leader Coordinator--Willamette University --Paid,Part time, Freshmen only
- ID:19121--Part time Residential Floor Counselor--Rivers and Roads Residential & Consulting, Inc.--Keizer,Oregon--Part time, Paid
- ID:19101--Residential Skills Trainer--Trillium Family Services-- Portland,Oregon--Full time,Part time, Paid
- ID: 19099 Communications and Social Media Intern--Willamette University-- --Paid
Paid internships in the Arts
Spring or Summer 2015 Policy Internships with ACLU of Northern California
California (San Francisco, California). Currently accepting applications for policy internships available within our Reproductive Justice, Criminal Justice and Drug Policy, and Technology & Civil Liberties policy projects.
Details about the internship program and application instructions
View all of our events here.
- How to make Halloween Pumpkins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFErgnaSRRY&list=PLQ_T2NppE0PITf7-JByJOwq3HVZRvP7P8&index=2
- Jimmy Fallon: Do Not Game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmZHc1hz2w
- Hollywood Salaries Revealed http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywood-salaries-revealed-movie-stars-737321
- Who drew the Rooster on the Sriracha bottle? http://modernfarmer.com/2014/10/heres-story-behind-rooster-sriracha-bottle/
Are you missing out?Friend us on Facebook:
- Career Center Facebook
Be the first to know the latest: LIKE us on Facebook at WU Career Center. http://goo.gl/zZRhF
- Pre-Health students:
the Pre-Health page on FB - http://goo.gl/0f00I
Follow us on Pinterest:
Questions?‚ Or Feedback
Willamette Career Center
UC, 3rd floor
To opt out
Check the box labeled "Leave group?" next to CareerTalk in your directory of mail groups.
Click the "Submit Changes" button.