Willamette Career Center
IN THIS ISSUE:
- How Getting a Mentor Advances Your Career.
- Advice from WU Alumni.
- The NEW Willamette Switchboard –
- Jobs and internships.
- Other Opportunities
- Clackamas County Jobs:
- Portland General Electric Paid Jobs:
- Support Associate at a Law firm.
- Career Opportunities in Health Information Technology
- Videos Plus
- Are you missing out?
503-370-6413Phone us for an appt. or come for Drop-In hours Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2 - 5pm.
How Getting a Mentor Advances Your Career.
“A mentor helps you see the whole picture because here is the thing: you can’t see the whole picture when you’re inside the frame. This is a very powerful quote from motivational speaker Les Brown who helps you understand perspective.” Read more at http://www.fasttrackpromotion.com/mentors-advance-career/
Advice from WU Alumni.
What is the best piece of advice you wish you knew in your first year after Willamette?:
The NEW Willamette Switchboard –
"Ask for what you need and offer what you have." Lots of great opportunities for jobs, advice and networking.
Here's one posting:
Job Openings at the Space Needle
The Space Needle is getting into the busy season and needs applicants! You may put me down as a referral if you would like to (Rebecca H. in reservations). If you are a Seattle local or will be in Seattle during the summer and looking for seasonal work, please apply! Feel free to contact me with any questions and please share with your friends!
Jobs and internships.
Jobs and internships are posted on JobCat. First time users must register.
Here are some great opportunities:
- 18347 – Cashiers for Fall 2014, WU Bookstore – Paid, Federal Work Study,
- 18374 - Audio Engineering, Editing Spring Internship (On Project basis) – internship, Salem, unpaid
- 18357 - Full-time Social Justice Position – full-time, nationwide, stipend
- 18356 – Medical Scribe – part/full time, Corvallis/Albany/Salem/California, paid
- 18347 - Cashiers For Fall Semester 2014 – part-time, WU, paid
- 18345 – Web Design/Development Internship – internship, Wilsonville OR, paid
Bilingual Spanish Position Multnomah County Library
Clackamas County Jobs:
Accounting Specialist 1- part-time, Election Worker – Temporary, Parks & Rec Service Maintenance Worker – temporary, Roads Seasonal Laborer, Facilities Service Maintenance Worker – Temporary
Portland General Electric Paid Jobs:
- Utility Worker -Summer Internship
- IT Service Desk Specialist Intern
- Assistant IV, IT Vision Program Summer
- Community Affairs Summer Intern
- Tech III Internal Audit Services & Ethics & Compliance Summer
- Summer Warehouse Assistant
Support Associate at a Law firm.
McKinley Irvin, a family law firm in downtown Portland, is looking for a Support Associate and specifically asked for Willamette grads to apply. For more information, contact Christopher Dean, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Opportunities in Health Information Technology
OCHIN, a downtown Portland IT company, is offering training and potential career opportunities through its Apprenticeship Program which will start in early August. This is for people interested in technology and health care. For more information, go to www.ochin.org/careers or contact Cristi Jaksic at email@example.com
View all of our events here.
- Positive April Fools Pranks: Prank it Forward http://sites.break.com/prank-it-fwd/
- World’s Toughest Job: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/14/mom-worlds-toughest-job_n_5148075.html?utm_hp_ref=parents&ir=Parents
- A grandmother rides her first rollercoaster. http://www.wimp.com/grandmotherrides/
- World’s largest Jenga Game http://www.wimp.com/largestjenga/
Are you missing out?Friend us on Facebook:
- Career Center Facebook
Be the first to know the latest: LIKE us on Facebook at WU Career Center. http://goo.gl/zZRhF
- Pre-Health students:
the Pre-Health page on FB - http://goo.gl/0f00I
Follow us on Pinterest:
Questions?‚ Or Feedback
Willamette Career Center
UC, 3rd floor
To opt out
Check the box labeled "Leave group?" next to CareerTalk in your directory of mail groups.
Click the "Submit Changes" button.