Director of Rights and Responsibilities
The Associate Director of Residence Life is the Director of the Office of Rights and Responsibilities, assigned to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Appoint hearing officers
- Assist and advise hearing officers, Conduct Boards, Appeals Board, Standards Committee
- Determine which cases will be heard by self and which cases will be heard by a hearing officer, Conduct Board or Standards Committee
- Conduct hearings as necessary
- Schedule hearings or board/committee meetings as necessary
- Provide names to ASWU for the approval of J-Board and appeals board members for the next academic year.
- Excuse her/himself from hearings whereby the integrity of the conduct process may be compromised by her/his involvement in a case
- Maintain open and honest communication with University staff, especially the Dean of Campus Life, Hearing Officers, Conduct Board(s), Standards Committee, Appeals Board.
The Area or Commons Coordinator will serve as advisor to their respective Conduct Board. The advisor will be responsible for:
- Scheduling hearings or board/committee meetings as necessary.
- Excusing her/himself from hearings whereby the integrity of the conduct process may be compromised by her/his involvement in a case.
- Presenting and describing a student’s prior conduct record.
- Providing accurate information and open, honest communication with the Conduct Board regarding process, sanctioning guidelines and student conduct record.