Required Employee Training
All staff, student employees and faculty are required to be trained on the following topics:
Workplace Harassment Prevention
Sexual Misconduct Policy & Protocol
Mandatory Reporting (provided in the Sexual Misconduct Policy & Protocol training)
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
Our Web-based format provides convenience and is comprehensive. Workplace Harassment Prevention, Mandatory Reporter, and FERPA are offered online. Results are generated automatically after you take the post-training assessment. To access required web-based training, go to WISE.
To access WISE for the first time:
1) On the Willamette University Web site, click the "STAFF", "STUDENT", or "FACULTY" tab in the gold bar at the top of the page.
2) Click the "WISE" tab at the top of the page.
3) Click the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the WISE page and enter your WU username and Password.
5) In the left-nav, click "Membership"
6) Towards the top of the page, click "Joinable Sites"
6) In search-bar type "WU Employee Training" and click "Join"
7) At the top of the page, click on "My Current Sites" and scroll down to "WU Employee Training"
8) In the left-nav, select "Required Employee Training"
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
In WISE - go to "My Workspace", click Membership in the left nav, and if you are a member of the FERPA site select (click) it from the list of sites available to you.
If you don't see it, go to the top-left of the page and click "Joinable Sites", then type "FERPA" in the search bar, and click the "Join" link. Then go back to "My Current Sites" and click "FERPA".
Video Education Library
You may prefer to access our DVD video library for workplace harassment prevention education. The DVD video program is offered on site in our Training & Development Office. Please call to set up an appointment (x6631).
Sexual Harassment: A Commonsense Approach - Manager Version
Sexual Harassment: A Commonsense Approach - Employee Version
Sexual Harassment: A Commonsense Approach - Employee Version in Spanish
Sexual Misconduct Policy and Protocol is offered on-site:
Sexual Misconduct Policy and Protocol is not offered online at this time. Monthly opportunities to participate in this training will be offered through Human Resources. To check dates for these events, visit the Training & Development Homepage
For questions, contact Wendy Gleason (firstname.lastname@example.org or x6631)