New Employee Information
As a new faculty or staff member, we anticipate that your first few weeks can be challenging as you adjust to new systems and try to master the logistics and the culture of Willamette. Your supervisor and Human Resources will be working together to help ensure that you complete the necessary new hire and benefit enrollment paperwork, and the Human Resources team is here to help point you toward valuable resources, and to be a resource ourselves.
You will find listed below several useful links that will help you navigate your transition to Willamette and our local community. Should you have any questions or need further information that is not provided here, please feel free to contact us email@example.com or by phone at 503.370.6210.
Moving Expense Reimbursement Information and Forms:
Moving expense reimbursement is only available for new hires when hiring is the result of an intended national search. This determination is made in advance of the search process on a case by case basis and based on the need to source candidates for a given position on a national level. Questions concerning the amount of reimbursement provided, or any other questions, should be directed to the Human Resources office at (503) 370-6210.
Willamette University, as a participant in the Oregon Alliance of Independent Colleges and Universities (OAICU), has a preferred list of movers (below) with whom there are pricing agreements. We strongly recommend soliciting at least two quotes to get the best pricing for your move.
- Contracted Movers List
- Moving Expense Reimbursement Form
- List of Moving Expenses Eligible/Ineligible for Reimbursement
- Benefit Webpage
- Short-term, Interim Medical Insurance Link (May be useful if you will be without coverage until starting at Willamette)
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce
- City of Salem - Detailed Profile
- Travel Salem - Attractions, Relocation, Arts & Entertainment
- Willamette Valley Wineries
- Portland Visitors Association
- Oregon Coast Visitors Association
- Public and Private Golf Courses
- Ski Oregon
- Calculate the cost of living in Salem
Child Care Resources and Referrals:
- Oregon Child Care Resource and Referral Network
- Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
- Oregon Licensing Standards for Day Care
Schools K - 12 Resources and Information:
- Salem Schools - Public and Private
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, District 24J
- Oregon Charter School Resource Center
- Oregon Department of Education
- Marion County Private Elementary Schools