Direct Deposit of Student Account Refunds
Students who are eligible for a student account refund check can sign up for direct deposit through WebAdvisor. Before signing up for direct deposit please do the following:
- Please read the Student Receivable Refund Policy (see below).
- Review the instructions for signing up through WebAdvisor.
- Have your bank routing number and account number readily available.
- New students only: Create a network account.
Spring Semester 2014 Refund Schedule
Student Receivable Refund Policy
Refund checks will be processed according to the following schedule:
- Paper refund checks will be processed 3-4 days prior to the first day of class (see schedule above). Thereafter, paper refund checks will be processed on Monday each week.
- Direct deposit of student account refunds will be processed 3-4 days before the first day of class each semester (see schedule above). Thereafter, direct deposit of student account refunds will be processed on Tuesday and Friday each week. Please note that a credit balance has to be reflected on a student's account 2-3 business days prior to a direct deposit processing day (Tuesday or Friday) in order to be processed on that day. For example, a credit balance has to appear on a student's account by Wednesday in order to receive a refund via direct deposit on Friday.
Please note the following exceptions to the policy concerning direct deposit of student account refunds:
- International students are not eligible to sign up for direct deposit of student account refunds. Due to International ACH Transactions rules, Willamette University is prohibited from making direct deposit disbursements to an international student's bank account. All refund disbursements to international students will be via paper check.
- Students who have a credit balance on their student account, which was the result of a Parent Plus loan, cannot receive their student account refund via direct deposit. All student account refunds generated by a Parent Plus loan will be disbursed via paper check.
If you have any questions about signing up for direct deposit or about the Student Receivable Refund Policy please contact the Student Account Office at (503) 375-5308 or email@example.com.